Data Protection Fundamentals
This course shows how to achieve ethical, profitable and legally compliant use of personal data across your organisation, whether managing customer, client or staff data.
Those needing to understand how the privacy and data protection laws impact on data captured, held and shared within and beyond their organisations. For business owners, marketing executives and managers, app developers, IT managers, Finance managers, HR executives and managers – in other words, all those of have responsibility for and decision making powers over the ways in which data is collected and used.
9.30 - 12.30 (UK Time)
An understanding of:
- Data protection laws in the UK including GDPR, PECR and theData Protection Act 2018
- The impact Brexit will have on data protection
- Transferring data across jurisdictions
- Progress on the new ePrivacy regulations
- The use of consent and legitimate interest for processing data in B2C and B2B environments
- How to manage sensitive data
- Successful use of personal data for marketing and research
- Subject Access Requests, including hostile ones
- Compliant Privacy Management Program - delivering accountability
- Best practice privacy and cookie policies
- The role of Privacy Impact Assessments and the record of processing