Data Protection Fundamentals for HR & Line Managers
This course will help you deliver robust privacy management practices in HR departments and line-management roles. The volume and sensitivity of data handled requires ‘laser-sharp’ focus on compliance and accountability.
Those needing to understand how the privacy and data protection laws impact on data captured, held and shared within the human resources ‘sphere’ of a company or organisation.
- A deep understanding of data protection laws in the UK including GDPR and key Data Protection Act 2018 schedues
- The use of consent and other relevant lawful bases for processing staff data
- What data to secure – where are the vulnerabilities
- Subject Access Requests, including how to manage a ‘hostile SAR’
- Monitoring staff, what can we do, what can’t we do?
- Best practice privacy policies
- The role of Privacy Impact Assessments and the record of processing.